Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Balance and my lack of it, but I know what to do about it

My super intense month long 3 credit summer sociology class is teaching me tons about how the world and the people in it functions, for good and for bad. I was getting overwhelmed recognizing all the bad that is still prevelant in society and secretly freaking out because I don't know how to fix it. I know that the power of healing for our worlds problems comes through the Atonement and Jesus Christ.  This truth allowed me to recognize the need to use the Gospel of Jesus Christ to balance out my overwhelmed freak outs and have my hopes restored in humanity again.

Tonight peace finally came when I recognized I need to balance what intense learning is happening in my secular and scholastic world with equal intensity in Gospel learning. Good thing I've felt impressed to study and apply the teachings of Preach My Gospel in my life these last two weeks. No joke, for a few days I really thought I was supposed to go on a full time mission because the impression was so strong. Today though all the feelings and impressions accumulated into one beautiful realization on what to do. Guess who's going to start living a full time missionary life the rest of the summer?!

You guessed it me!

I feel The Lord has been so patient with teaching me that not only I need to do it, but why. He really does love and know us the best. 

Because the peace I now feel about that decision has lit within me a determination to do it. Here is to one amazing summer. 

p.s. Being a missionary requires daily journal keeping too doesn't it? I guess this little journey will be recorded here too then. Ya know since this is my claim to keeping a journal :)

p.p.s. It's already past my bedtime, eek. Goodnight because I'll be up bright and early at 630. 


No comments: