Sunday, June 15, 2014

An attractive guy and attractive job changes

Andy the hair gettin' cut bike guru, he's pretty, and as of late I've been enjoying getting to know him more. I've realized we are more than just client and stylist, but we are in a realm where we are friends, but not the kind that hang out or really see/talk to each other unless one needs something from the other kind of friends. It works I guess. Maybe not being in the hanging out friend realm is a good thing for my psyche. Andy doesn't seem to like me in any other way than a friend and truthfully I'm might be ok with that..

I've been trying to get away from liking guys who don't seem to be interested in me. It's a hard habit to break since sadly I've been doing it for so long. I'm going to write out my thoughts down on this case, humor me. Trying to not like Andy is an adventure, that's for sure. I completely acknowledge he's attractive, his smile is still great.Which is nice, but also really confusing for my psyche. Andy also gives great hugs which doesn't help me not to be attracted to him. For the love, physical attraction is good, but with a guy I like I want to be able to get to know him for him, not just stare at him all day. I also want him to want to get to know me. Since he's shows no sign of interest I'll try to keep Andy in the "cute guy who's hair I happen to cut" realm. I'll try to not end up liking him more than that. I'll let you know how that goes.

I did realize a month or two ago that I met him in 2011 and have been doing his hair for over two years. It kinda shocked me to think I've known him that long. He's seen me go through a lot of physical, mental, and spiritual changes that have helped me to become who I have. He's been a great person to talk to about whole food living and getting active which I completely appreciate. I've decided to return the favor in helping him to find peace and joy in his life by giving him a copy of the Book of Mormon. It took me over two years to be comfortable enough with him and my own faith to do that. I don't think he has read it yet, but I hope one day he does. It's hard to describe to someone how amazing the scriptures are without them actually reading them to see for themselves. The Book of Mormon really is amazing. If you haven't read it, do it, it can change your life and help you to find peace and joy you didn't know were possible in this life.

Now some hair info. I'm not professionally doing hair anymore. Yahoo! Well almost not anymore. I have one color client left and then I'm done with clients once she finds a new stylist here in the next month or two. Everyone else, except Andy actually (we barter haircuts for bike repairs so I'll keep cutting his hair). I finished working on their hair at the end of May. It's been a great weight lifted off my shoulders. It wasn't even a weight I knew needed lifted, but I followed the impression to let my clients go and that's what happened. They were sad and I was too in the aspect of not being a part of their lives in the same way anymore, but it's something that needed to happen. I'll still be cutting my own hair and my families. I'll still volunteer cutting missionary's hair in my area who need it too. That's service in my book. Speaking of service I'm totally down for teaching friends how to cut their own or their families hair, I just don't want to be the one doing it all the time.

I'm not going away from it completely I guess is what I am trying to say here, but I realized a few months ago that hair just isn't something I want to do anymore. Working in the beauty industry isn't the profession I want nor is it a field I feel I can grow in the way I want to keep progressing in life (if that makes sense?). I've talked about it here before that I really want to work in the community to help it become better. I realized to that I needed to stop doing hair during my off hours, because it was completely impeding me finding a part time or flexible full time job in my community.

I guess another reason I wanted to quit was because I don't color, use styling products, or use anything beside a simple three ingredient soap on my own head anymore. My hippie ways are swaying me away from unnecessary chemicals. I love going more natural and am rocking my gray streak in my bangs. I also have recognized I don't like societies dependence on beauty products to make one feel good about the way we look. I usually don't even wear make-up anymore, and yet I feel more beautiful now than I ever have. Super weird how much I've changed from my early twenties about hair and make-up. haha. I like getting older and "wiser".

Now onto working to better my community. Go.

No comments: