Sunday, June 15, 2014

Here's the low down...

Missionary schedules are hard!

I have not woken up at 6:30am at all since my gun-ho excitement about being a full-time missionary this summer. (I have gone to bed by 10:30 two or three nights though, win!)

I had to face the fact folks, I'm not cut out for that early of a morning yet.

Notice the word yet.

I won't quit trying. I'm determined to not get mad at myself either. It's going to be a transition for me and I realize transitions take time. I need to also be more diligent about studying the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. I always have a better day when I do that. I think some of that "better" comes in the form of not feeling guilty about not doing it. Ya know since I really do know I should be. Again, I'm a work in progress and greatly appreciate that transitioning to become a better missionary takes time.

Positive note: I have been trying to be missionary in other ways. Serving in my community (community food bank and borderlinks) and feeding the missionaries in my ward. I try to share my simple testimony on certain subjects on social media and I've given contact info for a few friends to the full-time missionaries in my ward who I think would like to know more about the Gospel.

I guess I've been doing pretty good. Here is to trying again tomorrow. 

No comments: