Sunday, June 15, 2014

Findin' Me

The coolest perspective came a few weeks ago... this whole findin' my ore adventure might not have anything to do with finding my eternal companion.

I think it has been about finding myself.

I feel a am a very different person than I was four years ago. Thanks to everything that has happened in my life, most of which has been cataloged on this here blog. Those experiences are the catalyst for helping me to change. I feel I am a better daughter, sister, aunt, friend, and disciple of Jesus Christ. It feels pretty good to know that we can change and become better people. I humbly recognize that I wasn't able to change on my own though. Change took the Lord teaching me in every moment He could. Change came because He is patient with me and has taught me to be more patient with myself. Making mistakes is to be human and live; living a life where we are allowed to make mistakes is a beautiful gift. I humbly recognize that change has come by trying to align my will with the Lords. I recognize He really does know best in regards to EVERYTHING. No really, He does. I have countless stories, especially over the past four years that prove that.

I have found that by trying to sacrifice myself, my time, my talents, and everything that the Lord has given me He has allowed me to truly find myself; a self that by now knowing I don't want to let go of.

Here is to His help in continually Findin' Me. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

aww! I think that this is may favorite post! So glad that you are growing and learning through you service to others. Way to go Sarah!

Sarah said...

haha. Thanks Mechelle! It really was the sweetest realization. Serving God and serving His children, aka Loving God and loving His children really is the key to personal happiness. You've helped to teach me that too by your amazing example of being such a wonderful momma and wife. You be the best babe!