Sunday, June 15, 2014

The end of my first semester at the UofA

Finals were so hard!!! And I was sooooooooooooooo thankful the day they were done. I loved all of my classes (art history was that love hate relationship, but with perspective I'm realizing I definitely loved it more than hated it). I finished out the semester with a 3.4 GPA. I got the grades I expected in all but one class, which was photography. I got a B. I was really upset about it at first, but have come to accept and be ok with it.

I prayed for that acceptance and a desire to not be mad anymore, because when I first saw my grade I was really mad, upset might have been too nice of a word. Without the Lord stepping in and taking away my frustration, which was focused at my teacher, I would still be upset about it today. I really am all good now. I had an immediate change of heart one night while I was praying, it was the best feeling. That change signifies for me that God loves me and wants me to be happy. I wasn't happy during that time of being mad and He knew it. I also really didn't like the fact that anger over something that was out of my control (I was in control of the work I put into class, but my teacher was in control to grade my work as he saw fit) was enticing me to be grumpy. I chose to pray because I don't like being unhappy and I don't like not feeling in control of my own emotions/reactions. Anger has that effect on me and probably most people. I know that Jesus Christ can counter balance anger and help me to feel love and peace so He is who I try to go to when I am having a "moment" of frustration.

Now onto the Platform project. Not that I need to write it here, because I would have already posted if I had got accepted, but alas, my project proposal did not get accepted. I don't remember if I wrote it, but my Medici proposal for the camera didn't get accepted either, but I did get $400 in scholarships which is super cool.  I know there is a reason I didn't get them so I'll be content with living my life despite the initial disappointment. I am thankful now that I didn't get the Platform project because there has been A LOT going on this last month and having the kind of responsibility to a project like that would have freaked me out. I'm still planning on making the squeezed lemon piece, maybe a little smaller, but I'll do it over the fall semester and try to get it sold after it's made. However a new camera would have been super cool ;) Now I need to move getting a camera up higher on my "things to purchase when I have more money" list.

It's been interesting to have a months perspective on the end of my first semester at the UofA. I learned so much throughout the spring 2014 semester. Here is hoping to keep the streak of learning a bunch alive during the coming years of school.

No comments: