Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Eyes Open

Today was the culmination of a lesson The Lord has been trying to teach me over the last few months... I know, I know, there seems to be a lot of these lesson lately huh? Maybe that's just my perspective, but dude, its pretty amazing and humbling all at the same time. 

I wrote about a Priesthood blessing I got before I went to camp, about a blessing I got in the Boston temple, but I left out the one I got from my brother Scott between those two while I was visiting he and the fam in St Louis. 

The first blessings words and phrases seriously FREAKED me out, I didn't emphasize that fact so much in the post Blessings in and of the Temple, but I felt I needed another comfort blessing to help me understand the first one. The second blessing, gotten in St. Louis, didn't help me to understand the first one per say, but it rephrased what had been said by not using so scary of words which helped me.  

I don't remember the exact verbiage from the first blessing, but The Lord, through His Priesthood emphasized I need to keep my eyes open and not turn my back while always being aware of my surroundings (I wrote about some of this already in the above mentioned post, but I needed to add it in this post too so it all made sense to me while I was writing ;). I didn't however write that He also said angels will be called down in their chariots of fire to protect me against the evils I'll be facing. 

Pretty intense to say the least and it was unlike any "comfort" blessing I had ever received or had ever even heard. I pondered a lot on what was said and concluded I needed another blessing to help me understand what it all meant. 

During the second blessing my brother used more gentle verbiage, but the exact same message came through. Same as during the temple blessing too, but more clarity on the subjects, on understanding, and how to cope with what will happen in my life was the light I received along with the comforting reminder that I can rely on Jesus Christ to overcome any trial because He loves each of us. 

With time perspective I truly think the first blessing was supposed to freak me out so I would actually heed the counsel I was given instead of thinking it was a gentle metaphor and not that big of a deal. I think it helped me to give it the focus I should and I really feel spiritually and physically my eyes have been open (most of the time ) since then, seeing the good and the bad. 

Over the last seven months I have seen more and gained more perspective about the world, society, my community, my family, and myself than I knew was possible in that short amount of time. Its been a we bit overwhelming and scary, but absolutely beautiful. Beautiful now that I can see more clearly why the lessons have had to come. 

Some days I feel I'm going crazy because satan is messing with me in regards to the imperfections of societies, individuals, and myself which weighs my spirit down. I was reminded tonight however that I have God and His angels on my side to fight against the adversary who help me find peace with who I am and where I am at this moment in my life.

God is good people.  




No comments: