Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Bestest Friends a Girl Could Ask For

The last few months have been a weeee bit hard. Hard in the sense of feeling picked on by the adversary, aka Satan, at every turn. I mean EVERY TURN! I feel him tearing down my divine parentage, my divine worth. Whispering and impressing negative thoughts about myself and others on me constantly and relentlessly. I feel him trying to overwhelm me with school and with the horribleness of the way the society is heading with all the bad that's going on (which will all receive their own posts). 

That being said, being kinda depressed (I'm not normally a depressed person, I'm usually pretty optimistic and happy, but the last couple months have been harder to be those things) is where I've been for far too long, thankfully during scripture study tonight (and a sweet inspiration during prayer three nights ago about looking to the light of Christ instead of letting the darkness overtake me) I was blessed to understand a beautiful principle in friendship and how friends can specifically share the light of Christ and be the help us in our hour of need. 

I realized while writing this that I have not done justice in my blog with talking about two of my most favoritest people in the world!! They are two of the most amazing and inspiring women I have been blessed to know and am IMMENSLY GRATEFUL I can call them my friends, my best friends actually. Michelle, aka Mechelle and Silvia, aka Silvs. 

I think the scripture explains how I feel about our friendship and what a light they truly are in my life. Also, please don't think I think I'm Moses material by any means, no sea parting for this gal, but the blessing of true friendship and trust, lifting one another during each other's times of need, is what I'm trying to convey here :) 

Scripture goes like this:

But Moses’ hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun. (Old Testament, Exodus, Exodus 17:12)

That's what these women have been doing for me during this time of "crisis" in my life. They have "stayed my hands", calmed me, braught amazing perspective to life, loved me, and dealt with my expressive crazy quite well. 

I truly am thankful for them both in my life and can't say it enough how TRULY BLESSED I AM FOR HAVING THE BEST FRIENDS A GIRL COULD ASK FOR! 


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Awww! How SWEET! Right back at ya!