Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Lesson on the Power of Love through Forgiveness

What is the greatest commandment? 

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." (New Testament, Matthew, Matthew 22:37)

What is the second greatest commandment?

"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." (New Testament, Matthew, Matthew 22:39) 

I've learned that forgiveness is hard. 
I've learned that I couldn't let go of the hurt on my own. 
I've learned I can't say I believe in the power of the Atonement in other areas of healing and not trust in it regarding helping me to love and forgive. 
I've learned that trying to love while not being forgiving is hard. 
I've learned though, that the ability to truly forgive others and ourselves comes because of Jesus Christ and His ability to forgive each of us. 
I've learned that trying to love during the process of forgiveness was worth the peace that came into my heart. 

I've learned during these last couple months I am teachable. They have been hard lessons to learn. I cried a lot folks, but I'm learning to completely rely on my Heavenly Father, my Savior, and the Holy Ghost to refine out the 'natural man' within me because I know I can not, nor would I want to, do it alone. 

I love feeling peace and comfort, I love feeling joy, and I'm trying to make my day to day decisions based on invoking those feelings with in myself and others as much as possible. 

I've learned its a complete cycle of love. 

Love really is the answer, when we love God, we want to love our neighbor. When we feel Gods love we want to share it with our neighbor and the cycle continues. 

I. Love. Love. 


No comments: