Sunday, August 31, 2014

I succumbed, online "meeting people" I'm giving you a shot

So yeah. I think I need to meet more guys to potentially go on dates with. The only guys lately that seem to be interested in me are two old guys at church that are my moms age. They are flirty and it's weird. Like REALLY weird. I figure if I start trying to actually date guys my age maybe something will come out of it and creepy guys (who are really only creepy because they're old and flirty with me and I am not old) will go away. Funny enough, that is an absolute reason for this, but I do really want to meet a guy who has the same outlook on life as I do and who loves or can love God as much as me. I'll let you know how that goes. For now here is my "greeting" for the online profile:

Hi. My name is Sarah. This little "create a greeting" thing is kinda weird, but here ya go. I love God, my family, friends, food, nature, teaching, and creating. The first four in that order and the rest have equal priority after. I'm interesting in getting to know guys who have the same top three loves. It would be helpful though if you loved food too or at least loved to eat it, because yo, I cook a lot.

I'm a full-time student at the UofA. I'm pursuing an art degree. I can weld and know my way around power tools which is pretty cool. I worked for years in healthcare and as a cosmetologist, but didn't feel quite fulfilled in those fields so I went to school. Learning and gaining knowledge has been ahhhmazing! Eventually I want to teach within my community using the talents I have. Teaching is in my blood and I absolutely love doing it.

Being older than most of my classmates I always find myself telling them no one could pay me enough money to be their age again. I enjoy getting older and the perspectives that come with it. I try to LIVE life, not just let life happen.

You should also know I'm a we bit obsessed with food and all things natural. I go organic, local, and simple for my groceries and home life as much as possible. I shop at the local farmers' markets, the co-op, and thrift stores. I think too often we complicate life and living. I don't feel God means for us to do that. So I'm learning to live without and learning to make what I do and do have count. It's been a pretty amazing experience transitioning into the life I'm now living and am pretty excited to keep on simplifying. I love life.

Through my experience learning about food I have a strong testimony of the truthfulness of the Word of Wisdom and the blessings promised in it from eating whole foods. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat meat often. I thought I should warn you guys. haha. I live in the desert where it's hot, Arizona winters are short, and I haven't experienced any famines ever. In the big picture of why I simplify food and living is because I feel western societies only know how to consume things. How often do we look at the impact of things we "want" on the earth, society, families, even individuals? I do have a plethora of homemaking skills now because of simplifying though. Putting my laundry away isn't always one of them, but I know how to iron. Haha. I should throw in here too with the homemaking skills that I adore kids. I've been a primary teacher and YW leader. Also, my nieces and nephews are some of my favorite people in the world and we often go out on "aunt Sarah adventures". I find so much joy in being a person who gets to contribute to their learning about life. I want them to see the good in the world and appreciate all that we've been given. It's pretty humbling to teach a child.

I also freakishly enjoy nature! Give me a covered porch with a swing in a thunder and lightening storm and I'm in Heaven. Sunsets are my favorite time of day. I enjoy hiking and camping too. I'm interesting in trying mountain biking, but riding uphill hasn't sounded all that appealing yet. I'm up for trying it though if the right person invites me on the adventure. I love adventures! I ride my bike in town to work and school so it's an adventure in living each day. haha. Joking. Tucson is a pretty bike friendly place. Last year I went rock climbing for the first time and I loved it. I'm thinking about checking out indoor rock climbing this year for my workouts. I'm thinking I'll enjoy that more than "traditional" cardio/weight lifting :)

On a final note, I'm a going to church every Sunday, fulfilling my callings to the best of my ability, and reaching out to help all people kind of gal. I talk to strangers and share the gospel with most people I come in contact with. I try to do my visiting teaching, I don't like sitting in the same spot in sacrament meetings (not because I don't like consistency, but because I like to see if there is anyone who needs me that day), and I love organizing/planning ward holiday parties. Ok, I really enjoy all party planning. I get to be artsy and freaky organized? Yes please.

I teach Gospel Doctrine in my ward and love to go out with the missionaries and feeding them too. Right now I have the chance to teach the new member discussions to a family in my ward. I never served a mission so this experience is great! I go to the temple once a month, but am always looking for opportunities to go more often. I'm pretty stoked about a temple coming to Tucson! I try to actively live my faith.

I also believe the answer to everything in this life is Love.

I think that's enough about me. Props to you if you have made it to the end of my greeting. If I sound like someone you'd be interesting in getting to know message me and maybe we can chat.

Have a great day!

Sarah

Here are the pictures I have up there too. I figured putting up an array of pictures of me would give someone a more complete picture of my character. haha.
















No comments: